Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sorry, I couldn't resist another graphic entry about alley food!

By the way, Happy Birthday to MUM!

I have to say it again, this woman at the end of the alley is a wonderful cook.
She is on the corner of an alley and De Tham street -- I will try to get the name of the alleyway so future Saigon travelers can find her. Today she whipped me up some yellow and white rice noodles and morning glory greens, and sprinkled an eggy noodle-type thing on top with peanuts and dried hot-pink prawns.


Here is the even closer close-up. Funny that food from this perspective looks vaguely obscene and somewhat unappetizing! Maybe it's the proximity to delight?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becks! Love your blogs. I can't really see what I'm writing but have to say I'm a bit perturbed about the dog business. They say that in France you have to be careful not to eat cats.
    I would suggest that hot dogs could be offered in exchange for soft, furry and cuddly dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mum -- Why can you not see what you're writing? That sounds a bit worrisome!
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Tina! Becky--your blog is great! I'm loving the pictures. The food, the blue stools, the alleyways. Can't wait to read more. Be well!

    ReplyDelete